Sunday 27 December 2015

Meet Nigerian Girl who Failed WAEC 5 Times; Today She's A Graduate with First Class

I often people who are close to me; if you work hard rather than expecting miracle to marry a rich man or rich woman, soon you will overtake even those you are looking up to. That is Olu Famous for you!

Read the story of Alaboh Anthonia who sat for WAEC 6 times, today she's DELSU first class graduate:

27yrs old Anthonia is the second best graduate from Delta State University, Abraka, in the 2014/2015 academic session, and she graduated from the Department of Mathematics with 4.70 CGPA. She shares her experience with Punch's Tunde Ajaja.

How was your growing up?

My growing up wasn’t easy at all. I was nine years old when my parents divorced, so as the first of three children, I had to assume the role of a mother for my siblings. There were lots of challenges but I’m grateful to God for my dad and everyone who assisted in making us who we are today.

Coping with numerous house chores, balancing that with my academics and having to do the things I wasn’t used to before were all very stressful for me as a child but I thank God who saw me through. My dad was also very supportive, even though he lost his job about that time too, we managed. My teen pastor in church also used to counsel me.

Did it affect your performance in school?

Not really, even though I won’t rule out the psychological effect of seeing my parents separate. But overall, I didn’t do badly. In my secondary school, I was doing well but my position in the class was like 21 out of 50. I wasn’t so much an excellent student then.

How easy was it passing your WASSCE and UTME and how many sittings?

JAMB was not a challenge for me but when I first wrote the WAEC, I had just two credits; Mathematics and English while I failed the rest. I don’t know why it happened that way. I kept writing the exam until I had my papers in one sitting at the sixth attempt. I finished from secondary school in 2002, but I didn’t pass all my papers at once until 2008. I could have combined results but I didn’t want that, so, I kept trying till I had it all at one sitting.

That’s why I thank God for having someone like my father because he understood what I wanted and supported me. He has always been very supportive of our academics and I’ll always be grateful to him. He didn’t despise me because I didn’t have my papers at once. He encouraged me and stood by me. I later got admission in 2010.

My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksLatest Tips and Tricks

0 comments:

Post a Comment