Wednesday 28 October 2015

MY LIFE IN CAMPUS (Episode 5)

EPISODE 5
I quickly covered my mouth with my palms to prevent me from saying anything nasty to her. I respected the fact that am not in the right position to chastise her, because she is the bible study secetary in my church fellowship. Her head was still bowed in shame, I knew she was suffering from the shock of been caught in the act. She sniffled time after time, sending a signal that she was weeping. I am so emotional; easily touched by the tears of people especially the ladies. I moved closer to her, knelt down in front of her, grabbed her head gently, and raised it up. I wondered if raising her head or kneeling before her was the reason for another set of tears. Her eyes were already cherry red due to her ceaseless tears. I tried all I could to dent the down pour of her tears but to no avail.
“Sister Grace, Sister Grace, please stop crying.” I said, wiping her cheeks with my handkerchief.
She sniffled and ultimately stopped crying. I was quite ecstatic at that very moment for several reasons; sister Grace who finally halted her showers of tears and the most intriguing one, the fabrication of my thought about Kofo’s presence in my room. Emeka stood at a vantage point in the room stumped at the drama we both displayed. I furiously glanced at him while patting her back to reduce the shock.
“Banji, what’s wrong?” Emeka asked, “you know Grace?”
“You dey mad!” I stood up and replied angrily.
“Me? Sey wetin?”
I moved closer and shoved him against the wall, installing my raged eyes on him.
“Would you get your hands off me before I get mad at you!” He commanded with his eyes bulging out like that of a drangonfly.
Banji, repect your old age and let him go else you’ll cruise around the week with a black eye, I quickily thought to myself. I gradually released my hands off him because I was quite scared of him. I shifted my attention away from him to Sister Grace who was down in the dumps.
“Sister Grace, kindly come to my bed space.” I said, helping her up from Emeka’s chair.
Emeka must have really dealt with her because I wondered why she was walking like an aged woman with an invisible walking stick. Emeka muttered some abusive words while we walked by him, I could barely hear them. She sat on my bed while I sat on a wooden box beside it. I once again calmed her down before persuading her to talk. I trimmed down the sound of my voice because of Emeka’s snoopy ears.
“Talk to me, what’s between you and Emeka?” I asked, pointing at where Emeka was.
She burst into tears again. I suddenly got pissed, but it got me wondering what really transpired between these two folks. I really wanted to know the secret behind her tears. But Sister Grace, you enjoyed the whole moment he was on you, I said to myself. I allowed my tender heart to reign by pampering her once again; I really don’t have that time, I’m only doing that to find out the truth. I wheedled her to vomit every truth residing in her belly. She was about talking when my cell phone rang. Why was Bayo calling? I paused and asked myself. I missed his call as I was about answering it. Bayo called again, now it’s totally bizarre; Bayo hardly ever calls nor send text messages. I picked up the call and hung up in less than five seconds; ten seconds would be close to the truth.
I became uneasy thereafter the call. I was completely bewildered, it all seem my day was deteriorating instead of getting better. I hastily picked up my bag and ran out of the room like a thief about to be caught. I never gave a bit of attention to sister Grace who was surprised about my sudden change and exit out of the room. I made use of my elongated legs, running very fast, faster than the speed of light to my department. While running, my sandal suddenly dissevered, reducing my pace. The devil is a liar, I assured myself; the devil is always blamed for all faults, even delibrate ones. I finally arrived at my department but belated. My course mates were already coming out of the lecture room. Some were smiling, while some knitted their brows. They had a test. I was completely perplexed, I felt like going offline in the real sense of life. I approached Bayo, who was also frowning out of the class.
“O boy! How was the test?” I curiously asked.
“That woman na idiot!” Bayo replied, “I swear she’s mad.”
“Wetin happen? How the questions be like?”
“She no teach us anything and yet she sets crazy questions.”
I was quite happy that not only Bayo was frowning but some few other students. She might give us another test if students didn’t perform well, I hoped. We took off walking on the veranda of the department to our halls.
“Mrs Nwachukwu, na craze person.” I yelled, “How many times has she lectured us?”
“I wonder too.” Bayo affirmed.
“She is a bastard!” I yelled again.
Almost getting to the end of the veranda, we heard a creaky sound; it was an office door.
“Banji!”
We paused, I turned around to find out who called me. Lo and behold, it was Mrs Nwachukwu.
TO BE CONTINUED...

My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksLatest Tips and Tricks

0 comments:

Post a Comment